Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Overbearing Older Sister

Picture by Molly Townsend

There is a creative energy build up within my Type A self.  I need to paint or write a little something full of flowery words or make my house look pretty[er].  It has never occured to me, maybe not until this very second, that creativity = stress relief for me.  Intentional creativity allows me to release the right side of my brain from the confines that the left side has very strategically placed around it. 

You know, like when you slept with your sister as a kid and the overbearing older sister would draw a line down the middle of the bed using her finger as a utensil and the sheets as an impressionable canvas.  But she would draw it so that she had much more room than the little sister - because she was overbearing and inconsiderate like that. 

Oh wait, I WAS the older sister.  There's some sort of birth order revelation to be found there.

Already it's happening...Type A me is infringing on happy, creative me.  It's a constant battle in situations like these - where there are important decisions to be made and homes to be looked at and furniture to be scowered. 

And now it's gone - the desire to be creative has been replaced by the desire to cross things off the list.

Notsogood for my stress level.

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...