Friday, July 30, 2010

You knew I would break, right?

I was totally going to be strong!  I was going to avoid the computer this weekend.  But here I sit in the lobby of the Residence Inn after being slightly condescended to by a desk clerk who takes her job VERY seriously.  She has informed me that my room may not be available until 4 pm.  She's very sorry but there's nothing she can do.

I'm very sorry but I don't believe her.

Regardless, I'm trying to keep a Christ-like attitude and continue praying that God will do what He does and get me a room before I have to head over to the Embassy Suites for the conference check-in.

In an effort to save time, I changed my outfit and spruced up my hair and make-up in the public bathroom - fugitive of the law style.  I feel like changing in a hotel bathroom is something a fugitive would do...I don't know.  My travel size hairspray exploded in my little ziploc baggy.  Sweet.  So, I am sporting a thoroughly bobby pinned poof and hoping this LESS humid weather will aid in the poof maintenance.

Anyway, I'm feeling better.  Slightly hungry headed toward miserably hungry.  But better in the spiritual sense of the word.

On the tram in the Orlando airport I took a deep breath and said, "Okay, well here we go, God."  And then on a completely booked flight, the seat beside me was empty.  I think it was because Jesus was sitting beside me.

I'll update if and when I can and or feel like it.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA, oh bear, you are a funny one. I'm glad you are chipper! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Jesus sat next to you on the plane-ha! You are funny :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...