Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tell the Truth

The problem with the truth is that you can't bend it to fit what feels right to you at the moment. The truth just...is.

That's why sometimes being "real" and speaking the "truth" can get a little tricky. We often associate being real with being unafraid to let your struggles, your flaws, and your insecurities hang out. While that is part of being authentic, it is equally as valuable to acknowledge your victories, your gifts, and your strengths! We should not be afraid to acknowledge that which is true.

Honesty does not live independent of gratitude.

With that being said...

Today was a genuinely great day. I love my job. Love, love it. And the craziest part is that it just sort of snuck up on me. I love that I get to stay at home with my girls almost all of the time. I don't mind the fact that most of my free time is filled with writing "work" things. And on the rare occasion that I get to go into work and exercise my creative muscles - I genuinely come home giddy. Giddy, people.

1013128_10100292465229628_820599126_n

I am wrestling my way through how to harness my gifts and use them in this right now life and how to be content with where God has me, but I'm beginning to see glimpses of what it all could be. It's nothing like what I expected, but I'm okay with that. I'm feeling a little more adventurous, a little more "let's do this thing," and I cannot help but look to the Initiator of all faith, Giver of every good thing in it all. Because the truth is I am not adventurous. And "doing this thing" usually just makes me want to puke.

Life is good today - and I just wanted to say it out loud. What does good look like in your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...