Monday, May 23, 2011

Mayhave Monday: Where Clothes Reign Supreme

I MAY or MAY NOT have spent an hour adding fourteen dresses to my Amazon wishlist from Shabby Apple.  FOURTEEN!  [They are not paying me to talk about them.  They do not know I exist.]



Knowing all the while that they will probably remain but a wish for all time seeing as how I'm the worst money saver there ever was.  It's still fun to look at them.  Art on a screen...or on a body on a screen...is what that is.

I MAY also have taken some time researching the top items every woman should have in her closet.  This resulted directly from a frustrating trip to Gap, Banana Republic, and J.Crew, where I dreamed of what it would be like to be dressed in such fashions instead of old shorts and plain tank tops.  I need to become a trained shopper, you see, learning where to splurge and where to pinch.  Buying cheap doesn't always turn out the cheapest in the long run, I'm discovering, so I'm on a mission to be an educated shopper.  I'll let you know how it goes.  Here is a list of the top ten items every woman needs in her closet according to one gal.  I agree with all of 'em except the suit.  In my case, there really is no need for a suit.

Lately I've become intensely aware of my mommy-ness.  I sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat on command while driving and putting on lipstick.  I watch as dry cereal is spilled all over the bathroom floor...while I'm in the shower.  When I get in bed at night, I'm already imagining how wonderful that first taste of coffee will be the following morning.  I use the corners of my shirts to wipe a snotty nose, a syrupy-hand, or any other messy substance that may be found.  I kiss boo boos and quote children's books and hose out tee tee diaper trashcans.  I pick up the house ten times a day and find lost lovies and spend a boat load of energy on disciplining and guiding and NOT doing it in anger.

And for a little while, it was just nice to go to a world where beautiful dresses reign supreme.  Don't get me wrong...I like where I live.  I love being a mommy!  I have/am learning to embrace the chaotic monotony, but everyone needs an escape from the everydays now and again.

What about you?  Any truth nuggets for us this week?

2 comments:

  1. its not from monday, but its truth i've learned none the less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 out of 10 in my closet... so sad.

    i really laughed out loud at the thought of you hosing out tee tee trash cans.

    i also laughed at the thought of us both wearing black suits to church.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...